- This page is about Power Glyphs from the book:
Familiar Spirits: A Practical Guide for Witches & Magicians by Donald Tyson
- This page will also teach you how to use the Power Glyphs.
- Power Glyphs are used in order to summon familiar spirits.
About Familiar SpiritsEdit
- Every familiar spirit has a gender, a major element, a personality, and a name.
- Familiar spirits act as teachers, guardians, partners, and in some cases lovers.
- Familiars must be treated with high respect and with friendly affection.
How to create a Familiar SpiritEdit
- Put your desire in a sentence
- Remove all unnecessary words
- Make your sentence more than three words but no less than three.
- Break your phrase into initials, again no more than nine letters and no less than three.
- Capitalize all letters
- Add vowels to make the spirits name more pronounceable, all vowels you add must be lowercase.
- Change all the capital letters into their associated power glyph.
- Form the power glyphs into a compact, solid image.
Learning about your Familiar SpiritEdit
- Each Power Glyph represents a quality or attribute of your familiar.
- Use the chart at the top to create a description of your Familiar.
- The majority gender of the letters in your familiar's name determines its gender.
- The majority element of the letters in your familiar's name determines its dominate elemental power.
How to summon your Familiar SpiritEdit
- Make yourself comfortable, clean, and respectable.
- Visualize your familiar spirit with you, your spirit will resemble its name.
- You will feel your Familiar arrive, when your familiar arrives thank it and talk with it.
When should you summon your Familiar?Edit
- Daily to thank it and to talk with it.
- When you need to learn something concerning magick.
- When you need protection
- When you need friendship
- When you need guidance
- When you need love