What is a VTOLEdit
- A VTOL is a vertical take off and landing vehicle.
- Consumer VTOLs are built to be the size of cars and are priced to be only as expensive as a luxury car, which makes it more affordable than a helicopter or jet and more convenient since it fits in your garage.
- TF-X is an electric hybrid street legal VTOL with intelligent vehicle systems.
- It is produced by Terrafugia a company that produces garage sized street legal flying vehicles.
- Can be learned to pilot within five hours.
- Flies at 200 MPH with a max range of 500 Miles.
- Has four seats so that passengers can come along.
- Works on autopilot and autolanding while allowing for manual steering in car mode and the ability to control landing location based on safety estimation.
- More info is provided here: http://www.terrafugia.com/tfx-vision
- A video is provided here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bp2TWNpTA7s
- Currently you can't get one, but you can reserve their current version which is a car that turns into an airplane and fits in your garage which is available via this link: http://www.terrafugia.com/reserve